HAGER RENTAL’S RESPONSE TO THE EFFECT OF CORONAVIRUS ON OUR TENANTS
RENT: Rent will continue to be charged to all tenants. (We employ many people and we must continue to pay their wages, provide their vehicles, put gas in those vehicles, pay their health care, dental care, life insurance, and 401 k, insure all of our vehicles and buildings, pay the utilities for our office and all apartments with utilities included, pay for trash pick-up, and maintenance on all of our property.)
- Rent will continue to be due on the first day of the month. A grace period of 5 days will be given before we begin charging late fees per our lease.
- Rent may be paid in the following manner:
- Drop a check or money order in our drop box at the left side of the office front door.
- Mail a rent check.
- Call to have a portal created to pay online.
- Call the office to pay with credit card.
- A convenience fee will be charged until credit card companies stop charging interest fees to use their cards.
LATE CHARGES: Late charges will continue for all tenants.
- Late charges will be removed for tenants who are ill or have lost a job due to the Coronavirus.
WHAT IF A TENANT LOSES A JOB OR IS SICK FROM THE CORONOVIRUS?
- Each circumstance will be addressed individually to ensure that our tenants continue to have homes.
- Proof of loss of work due to the Coronavirus will need to be provided.
- Options to assist our tenants include:
- Paying missed rent over time: Tenant will sign a demand note to pay missed rent over several months due to the Coronavirus.
- Utility payments for missed rent on apartments including utilities:
- Hager will continue to pay the utilities for apartments where utilities are included and tenants can’t pay rent due to the Coronavirus.
- The utility charges will be deferred with rent in individual demand notes.
- Hager will continue to pay for trash pick-up where it is included in the tenant’s lease.
- Submit maintenance requests on the Hager Rental website or by calling the office during work hours
9-4 Monday -Friday.
- Maintenance will only respond to emergencies during evening hours.
- Practice social distancing when our maintenance personnel enter your homes. We are providing gloves, feet covers and masks to our maintenance crew.