Pet Policy for Our Residents
Pets are welcome at Hager Rental but the following conditions must be met:
- The owner must complete a pet application and the landlord must approve it;
- The pet is a dog or cat and the animal weighs no more than 20 pounds when full grown;
- The tenant pays a $500 deposit;
- The tenant pays an additional $15 a month for pet rent;
- The owner agrees to keep the pet on a leash when outside and clean up after the pet;
- The tenant and pet are courteous to neighbors.
- The pet is an indoor pet.
- If the the pet is a support animal, please see the following Support Animal guidelines.
- Hager Rental Pet Application (includes Pet Application Policy Update, Pet Application/Registration, and Pet Owner’s Insurance Policy)
“Hager Rental properties are committed to compliance with federal, state and local Fair Housing laws. As such, we will gladly grant reasonable accommodations to our rules, policies, practices, or services when there is disability related need for the accommodation in order to afford people with disabilities an equal opportunity to use and enjoy their housing. Specifically, we gladly allow Assistance Animals as an accommodation for qualified tenants with disabilities. However, please be aware that pursuant to KRS 38.085, knowingly providing false information or documents in an attempt to obtain an Assistance Animal in housing is a criminal violation punishable by a fine up to $1,000.”
KRS 383.085 defines an “Assistance Animal” to include any animal that works, provides assistance, or performs tasks for a person with a disability or that provides emotional support that alleviates a symptom or effect of a disability. Thus, “Assistance Animal” covers both Service Animals and Emotional Support.
- Hager Rental Assistance Pet Application (includes Support for Renting a Support Animal, Pet Application for Assistance Animals & Pet Owner’s Insurance Policy)
For Hager Rental’s most up-to-date Pet Policies, Pet forms, and Pet News, see our Pet Policy page: https://hagerrental.com/pet-forms-policy/